Thursday, December 6, 2018

DIY Jingle Bell Garland

Have you ever fell in love with an item or a piece of decor but refused to pay the price? I recently was shopping at a local boutique and fell in love with a Jingle Bell Garland, but for 5ft of garland they were asking $40. I knew I could make it cheaper, so I headed to my local craft store!



What you will need:

  • Bag of Jingle Bells
  • Thin Twine

How to make the garland:

  • Purchase 60 to 100 bells depending on how large your tree will be. Make sure the twine you select can be easily threaded through the top of the bell.  
  • Cut a length of twine twice as long as you require.  
  • String a bell to the middle point and tie the twine in a knot. 
  • String the next bell about 3-4 inches from the first and repeat until you are almost to the end. Do the same from the other end also leaving a bit of room on the end to put a loop to wrap around the branches.  
  • I would recommend doing multiple strands to avoid working with excessive strands which can tangle.  
  • To store your garland wrap around a piece of cardboard.


I put my garland on my Christmas Tree, but these can also be used on wreaths, garlands and other greenery.

Below are some pictures to help illustrate the above instructions!












Post a Comment

© Sarah Lillian. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.